Most significant loss was 3 weak swarm hives to yellow jackets in September – should have requeened. Thanks for conducting the survey!
RESPONSE – Weaker colonies are always more vulnerable. And what a great yellow jacket year it was (for them) – hopefully they will have smaller populations and fewer successful nests this coming fall.
Recent Posts @ the Buzz
- Surviving Wildfires & Ice storms – 2020-2021 Survey Announcement
- Q & A – Barely Surviving Spring
- Q & A – Treatment Free Studies
- Q&A – Agricultural sprays & our bees
- 2019-20 Honey Bee Survey is on!
- Q&A – cold/snowy loss
- Q&A – Local & Screened
- Q&A – not rehiving
- Q&A – Mason Bees
- Q&A – Mite Treatment is ESSENTIAL
TagsAFB agricultural crops bee disappearance Brood colony loss confusion costly hobby dead bees dead out drone education Feeding fondant future survey hive loss Honey honey flow honey stores mentors mite mite control mites moisture multiple choice nucs overwinter oxalic acid packages PMS pollen pollination queen sanitation season split spraying survey confusion Survey glitch swarm top bar treatments Varroa Varroa mite control Warre yellow jackets