Q – Three of the hives that died displayed PMS symptoms, the fourth I dropped while moving it on a cold evening- it lived for a little while and then died.
A – You included a comment and appreciate it as it helps with our tally. My favorite on one survey was lost 5 colonies when I backed my truck over them. Dropping them is also a good “reason”. Thanks for sharing comment.
Recent Posts @ the Buzz
- Comparison of PNW and BeeInformed Surveys
- 2O18 overwinter Losses of backyard beekeeper with 10+ colonies
- Mite Monitoring – it does make a difference
- Screen Bottom Boards: A 4 Year Perspective
- Dead Colony Forensics by Dewey M. Caron
- Living Close to the Edge
- Survey & Club affiliation
- Colony failure & record keeping copy
- Bee Stewardship
TagsAFB agricultural crops bee disappearance Brood colony loss confusion costly hobby dead bees dead out drone education Feeding fondant future survey hive loss Honey honey flow honey stores mentors mite mite control mites moisture multiple choice nucs overwinter oxalic acid packages PMS pollen pollination queen sanitation season split survey confusion Survey glitch survival swarm top bar treatments Varroa Varroa mite control Warre yellow jackets