I keep my bees covered from the rain and off the ground with blocks and a piece of plywood on top of the blocks. I also shade from the direct sun in the summer.
RESPONSE – Both are good bee stewardship – thanks for sharing.
Recent Posts @ the Buzz
- Comparison of PNW and BeeInformed Surveys
- 2O18 overwinter Losses of backyard beekeeper with 10+ colonies
- Mite Monitoring – it does make a difference
- Screen Bottom Boards: A 4 Year Perspective
- Dead Colony Forensics by Dewey M. Caron
- Living Close to the Edge
- Survey & Club affiliation
- Colony failure & record keeping copy
- Bee Stewardship
TagsAFB agricultural crops bee disappearance Brood colony loss confusion costly hobby dead bees dead out drone education Feeding fondant future survey hive loss Honey honey flow honey stores mentors mite mite control mites moisture multiple choice nucs overwinter oxalic acid packages PMS pollen pollination queen sanitation season split survey confusion Survey glitch survival swarm top bar treatments Varroa Varroa mite control Warre yellow jackets