Q-“Did you (or your hive) requeen in any form during the 2014/15 season? *” – this is confusing to me as my hive swarmed 4/19/15 and so they requeened but is that the 14/15 season or the 15/16 season? I filled out form as the 15/16 season.
A – With April 1st being the end of the previous years season, a swarm in April 2015 would have been outside our window asking for information on overwintering losses of 2014-15 winter but I appreciate your confusion as to how it fit with our survey questions. Thanks for clarification with your comment.
Recent Posts @ the Buzz
- Comparison of PNW and BeeInformed Surveys
- 2O18 overwinter Losses of backyard beekeeper with 10+ colonies
- Mite Monitoring – it does make a difference
- Screen Bottom Boards: A 4 Year Perspective
- Dead Colony Forensics by Dewey M. Caron
- Living Close to the Edge
- Survey & Club affiliation
- Colony failure & record keeping copy
- Bee Stewardship
TagsAFB agricultural crops bee disappearance Brood colony loss confusion costly hobby dead bees dead out drone education Feeding fondant future survey hive loss Honey honey flow honey stores mentors mite mite control mites moisture multiple choice nucs overwinter oxalic acid packages PMS pollen pollination queen sanitation season split survey confusion Survey glitch survival swarm top bar treatments Varroa Varroa mite control Warre yellow jackets